2010/02/06

Hairy Stuff

MO:

Check out my baby hairs growing back underneath my "normal" hair!
I lost more than half my hair in the months after I stopped breast feeding. It was a truly disgusting feeling, how each morning I could grab hold of one big hand of hair after another - and just pull it out without any resistance.
All my sympathies go out to girls and women out there, who, for any reason, has lost their hair completely.

If the hair loss brought anything good with it, it was the fact that I finally gathered the guts to cut my very long hair short.
How I fretted this decision!

Why was that so difficult?
Am I that vain?
What could have been the worst thing to happen?

That I would look like a tool bag wearing a helmet?
That no one would take me seriously because I´d look like I was carrying a bird´s nest on top of my head?
Did I think my husband would stop loving me and my friends would stop calling me if it turned out awful? Eeerrrr...No.

Isn´t it interesting how we care so much about our appearance and what other people think, even when we would call ourselves grounded with good self-esteem?

...Or is it just human to want to look our best/our most advantageous and therefore also strive for the admiration and love from others, whether it´s for our personality, our actions or for our looks?

What do you think?


.

2 comments:

soffan said...

Jag tror att ALLA är fåfänga på sitt sätt. Det behöver inte alltid handla om att se så bra ut som möjligt, utan även att vilja se ut på ett visst sätt. Min pappa tex hasar alltid runt i slitna jeans, urgammal T-shirt och sitt lockiga hår fluffigt och okammat. Men han är skådespelare och måste ibland klippa sig, banta, färga håret eller odla mustasch för en roll, och när han ser för uppstyrd ut skäms han för att det ser ut som om han bryr sig om sitt utseende. Det är också fåfängt om du frågar mig :).

mojo said...

Soffan: Tack för ditt inlägg (fick en urhärlig bild av din pappa-han måste vara en skön kille!...)!

Jag kan tycka att vissa dagar är skönare än andra när det gäller att bejaka sin fåfänga-med ALLT vad det innebär - likväl som det kan vara underbart att ge den fingret andra dagar och då dra runt i riktigt slitna mysbyxor & en skrynklig T-shirt (ibland med tillhörande ingrodd barnmat på axeln...)
:)

Kram
Mo