Got this clip sent to me from an old GV classmate - we studied Global Project Management together for 2 years.
This film is from our Graduation :)
I remember the day clearly - I had my plastic mother and father there (Love you guys ;) - and then we went dancing into the night!
Right now I would LOVE to take the next plane to INDIA - do another VIPASSANA, climb the mountains in the north, sit with Dalia Lama, swim in the Ganga and drink chai all day long :)
With just a tiny back pack and nothing else ....
This is on my mind - I can feel it coming soon, not this year since I am working everyday till Dec 21st :)
But India - know that you are on my mind!
And you to GV classmates and teachers - it was 2 amazing years - THANK YOU!!
Got this clip sent to me from an old GV classmate - we studied Global Project Management together for 2 years.
Robin is 3months tomorrow.
I am the first to admit that it´s not until the last 10 days or so that I have landed more fully in my role as a mother.
Now I can :
* sleep in with the prince until 10 o´clock, without a bad conscious or feeling "lazy" about having a lie-in.
* be relaxed when I play with him without constantly worrying about work stuff that needs to be done.
* honestly say that I´m delighted to be able to stay at home with him and that I´m truly happy with that decision.
I don´t worry so much anymore that I will look like the complete beginner with my own child and
I look forward to our daily little excursions outside, either in the Babybjörn or in the pram.
Talking about the pram, the wheels have been in need of more air for a couple of weeks now. (Something I desperately noticed yesterday when I went pushing that thing around Skatås...).
I went to the Bike shop around the corner to use their automatic bike pump. Well, I´d of course heard the stories about mothers who´ve managed to blow the tyres on their 3-wheelers... Didn´t think I would ever be one of those...
Luckily, the same bike shop also fixes pram tyres...
150SEK poorer (but happy about the great service) I picked up the pram with a new wheel about 3h later...
I am back from a mini week in Sthlm! Intense and colourful in every sense!
After a late Wednesday night (me sitting on the apt floor putting together all the GLOBAL YOGA manuals :) I meet an early early morning!! I was quiet sure that my train to Stockholm left at 545 am but when I arrived at the Central Station there was NO 545 train to Stockholm and the ticket I thought I had was a ticket for October 18th.... hm. O well - it wasn't that bad - I managed to buy a new ticket in time for the 554am train :)
And as they say MORNING GLORY (I translate it into "MORGONSTUD HAR GULD I MUND" Anna Anka håller nog med ;)
I was heading for the NIKE DYNAMIC TRAINING CLUB TEACHER TRAINING that I was holding together with fab Lina Andersson (my NIKE Boss). And let me tell you the participants ROCKED IT! I know that they will do a GREAT JOB with this class !
After the teacher training Lina and I went to my new HAPPY SPOT in Sthlm = SIRAP :)
Then it was time to reload and prep for the GLOBAL YOGA Teacher Training that I was hosting in Sthlm for the first time ever! Global Yoga is my first OWN teacher training and I am very proud of it - still it is a LOT of hard work - you know when it is your own baby.... You want to give it your ALL!
Amazing yogis to be - THANK YOU for your dedication and for putting up with my endless fascination for everything from the bottom of the exhale to the pinki toe :)
During weekends like these it is very important to fill up your energy so that your PRANA flows with easy and at a steady pace - BLUEBERRY is such an oase :)
Almost as good as my GRANDMAS kitchen table .... not quiet but almost ;)
This weekend we're heading towards LINKÖPING and UMEÅ with NIKE TRAINING CLUB! The last weekend with my NIKE colleges - As you can see - NIKLAS is very excited - He's gonna teach an AEROBIC DANCE and coach one of my teams in DYNAMIC TRAINING - Watch out - it might be you ...!!! ;)
There's gonna be a lot of fast feet this weekend - The question is - R U READY
I mean - even the SWEDISH CHAMPION in American Football looks charged :) If you find yourself close to Linköping or Umeå this weekend come play with us :)
Of to bed now since I have about 5 days of tiny amount of sleep to re-accumulate
LOVEY DOVEY Jo
I went up to Skatås today.
I thought I´d try running 4k with the pram.
I ended up doing 8k (my inner voice doing its nasty business again)...damn, was I knackered during parts of that run! I tell you, it is SO much harder trying to run AND push a pram at the same time...
Since I hate walking, running around the forest is one of the few ways you can get me out with the pram for a longer period of time.
I felt like a true beginner today. To be flying around10k by Xmas will require a lot of hard work.
(Who said getting fit was easy?)
Seriously though, I have changed my attitude to training in the last 10years. I used to have very little use for high intensity workouts.
Nowadays, the number one requirement is still that the workout has to be fun, but when it comes to training intensity, cranking up the intensity= faster results.
As time becomes more and more precious, each minute counts, so now it´s: shorter trainings at higher intensities.
The riddle is to find the perfect balance between pushing your limits and allowing your body to recover and get stronger... Also, in times of colds, flues, etc, doing lots of high intensity work means that you will seriously compromise your immune system. And being a toddler mum means of course absolutely no time to get sick...
Let´s see how the training puzzle works out in the next couple of months.
Wish me luck this autumn!
For me autumn is a time for contemplation and reflection. And training. In my world, there is no better way to keep the oncoming winter blues at bay.
(Winter is about surviving and Spring is about a fresh start, but that´s a future thread...).
By Christmas I´ll be:
* Running 10k (8+2) in Skatås with the pram once a week.
* Snatching a 24kg kettlebell.
* Doing deep squatting again - which means I´ll have to do heaps of work on lengthening my calves and increasing my ankle mobility about 70%.
* Doing chins and push-ups regularly.
* Working, working, working on that handstand-technique.
However, I can truly and honestly recommend Monnaber Nou to anyone who appreciates stunning views, gorgeous food, great service and a quiet, romantic surrounding...
We are in this fairytale place called Monnaber Nou right by the highest mountains in Mallorca.
The food is exquisite, the service 5star and the place is magical. I will post some photos later.
We (the little family) is hanging, taking each day as it comes and exploring the island by rental car. Robin has never slept better and P and I are amazed that we have managed to have 3-course dinners 3 nights in a row!!!
So, he might not be a "latte-baby", but he sure doesn´t mind to sleep in fab restaurants! :)
The only thing that is not 5star? The weather. O.M.G. I have never seen thunderstorms like it! Wow. Until now it´s been fine, but tomorrow and Thursday, we´ll go chasing the sun...
What an AMAZING weekend :)
I am chilling in the sofa in the middle of nowhere. This is where I feel at HOME. Train leaving for my second home - Gbg - in an hour and then it is all rock n rolla again. A week with 6 days of waking up before 6am - telling myself to stay present, not thinking about the long row of early mornings....
The NIKE TRAINING CLUB TOUR was wicked! And so was the 108 SunSalutations - I am amazed by all the energy people have and share so freely - THANK YOU!
Some Highlights from the weekend:
- 108 SURYA NAMASKARS at Esperantoplatsen - Thank you J, C and A for all the help and dedication - The room looked like one day in PARADISE :)
- Thank YOU YOGIS who showed up and danced with us - You Rocked the GLOBE (ps - Did you know that we were the FIRST ones this year to do the 108 suns - after us people been flowing all weekend - but we started the FLOW :)
- My Cruiser escorted me to AVALON where my NIKE team members awaited a FAB dinner - YES it was FAB cause of the company but AVALON disappointed - MO's been writing about this before... food and service did not get a 5star! Dinner lasted until 130am...
- Waking up at 545am - getting ready for the BIG day in GBG - 170 people rocking the floor at 830 with DYNAMIC TRAINING - Thanks Petter for the powerful demo's and fierce coaching :)
- The day continued with Åsa Fornander - Rockstar Jamming, Maria Olofsson StepMania, Petter E - Outdoor Training, Lunch, Cecilia Gustafsson - FreePowerDance, Per Markusen - Dance Aerobics and Anna Lindh Sweet SHANTI Yoga!
- A stop at McDonald's and a mini bus ride later we arrived in LUND!
- Another full on dinner (NIKE takes good care of us) and long talks in the hotel beds :) And Whoopa it was morning again and time to do it all over!
- LUND was HIGH ENERGY - People pushing themselves to new limits - screaming, supporting, challenging - WOW!!
- Mom came and mingled with the team before she kidnapped me to Grandmas' garden where a BIG home-made buffet awaited - mmm!
- More home-made yummy food was then served in Annelöv - me, mom and the animals all chilling in the sofa - THIS IS LIFE :)
YOu are truelly amazing and you make it all worth while!!!
Of to FYSIKEN in Gothenburg to rock n rolla - 830 DYNAMIC TRAINING! A lovely fun fierce class! Tomorrow We'll do it in Lund and then I get to see the WORLDS GREATEST MOM!
Update on the weekend coming up soon!
MO is rocking the beach by now probably - not envious ..... ;)
You KNOW your life has changed forever when this becomes one of the ESSENTIALS on your holiday packing list:
What it is?
A baby bottle brush.
Travelling tomorrow. Happy I had time for fika with fabulous Mango this morning, followed by lunch with MOJOs own SuperStar JOJO before we, the little family, head off to the lovely island of Mallorca for a week!
To be continued...
Do you want to be a ground breaker?! A sacred activist who inspires many to look beyond our differences and experience yoga as peace in action?!
Join us in Gothenburg Friday the 18th of September
5pm if your new to yoga
6pm We start the 108 Sunsalutations
@ Esperantoplatsen 7-9 (indoors - top floor)
Global Mala was initiated in 2007 as a response to a call to action for global warming and the power of yoga to activate individual and collective awakening, empowerment, and unity.
The Global Mala is an opportunity to connect with the yoga community at large: across all borders, all styles of yoga, forms of yoga this coming weekend, Fall Equinox and United Nations International Peace Day.
This ritual of going beyond the norm, in whatever form you decide, from 108 sun salutations to 108 push-ups combines yoga with action by offering the power of that energy and funds toward a greater purpose by supporting the organization of your choice (on Friday we are donating to "Clowner utan gränser").
There is a profound ripple effect of coming together as a mala - a circle of unity and peace - from students and teachers coming together within one yoga studio to yoga centers coming together within a city to the global vibration generated through all of the actions on UN International Peace Day!
Taught "double trouble" tonight (spinning60-tempo work +kettlebell45).
In my periodization schedule this is a hard training week, followed by next week´s holiday and therefore light training load (trekking, yoga, stretching).
So far so good.
After a SUPER DUPER Saturday with GREAT classes, but most of all GREAT People - My LM boss has sent me some blogs during the week to cheer me on - Thank you K :)
And THANK YOU - Super Bloggers/Instructors (Jim Body&Soul Linnea )- Wow I still get the chills and have to pinch myself just to be reminded it is not a dream :)
The Supa Dupa SaturDAY smoothly turned into night with (I admit - I much more prefer the vodka than al the sweet or candy like shoots!) a lot of BUFFALOS!
I mean I don't mind - but the thing was that I had to get up EARLY and work the following day - so around 230am Petter placed me and Lisa Osborne (The Amazing Bodyattacker!!!) in a cab to the hotel. Happy as I was I couldn't fall asleep - I waited (and ate al the candy - Isn't it funny how sprouts can be so darn NOT appealing at 3am!!) for my roomy to come home, and when she did we chilled a couple of hours before we went to breakfast :)
YUMMEY!!! Felt like a real SUPER HUMAN again after some scrambled eggs! Lina (NIKE) picked me up and we drove to THE ACADEMY CONVENTION @ Sportlife Östermalm. Never been there before - What a studio - a great space for group fitness!!
Taught caramel core - yum! The participants (80 of them) were super energetic and I got such a great response! So much fun seeing Terese and Jenny there :) Supa dupa work with challanging yourselfs guys!
This week the FOCUS is on DYNAMIC TRAINING - We are doing the NIKE TRAINING CLUB TOUR in Gothenburg and Lund this weekend :) It's gonna be a blast!
But before that - I am doing 108..... everyday this week!
Why.... I'll tell you next - the best part is that you can be part of it this FRIDAY at 530pm in Gothenburg - or wherever you are around the globe :)
3 material things that brightens up my day at the moment:
What a weekend!
I am still lost of intellectual words for it so I'm doing a LIST:
- YES - I followed the plan and took my FIRST RPM class ever - Anna Key - What a hot tamale cyclist - calm, strong, and fierce at the same time - I would follow her up any mountain! And Petter - gave me all the support I needed - from setting up my bike to coaching me through the to me "new" stuff about RPM!
- Then BODYSTEP - Eh well - I Did it, I can say that much! Now I know what it feels like to be totally in the dark during a class/workout. I was MISS LOST! A very good MENTAL workout indeed!
- BODYPUMP - Whoppa, didn't think I would have any POWER left by this time but WOW - The RockNRoll tracks fits GLOBEN like a Glove and it was Inspiring to see GLEN (The BP MAN) live - so much POWER in such a tiny body!
- After being a participant it was time to do some work - Dr Dave, Me and Ragnhild taught the Generic part for BODYBALANCE. Great fun not being the person in charge - I could just chill on stage and learn from DR Dave and all the GREAT participants - Thank you for being so open and curious!
- LES MILLS SHOW - Hahah Lots of Fun - You can watch it here!
- Time for BODYBALANCE on the BIG STAGE - Whoppa, Dave was right, it was a HIGH stage - if you think balancing is hard - try it on the edge of at 2m high stage in front of a massive crowd with 1000watts LIGHT in your eyes..... As we taught the class I must admit that I wasn't sure if I reached the participants. So hard seeing their faces, couldn't hear their breathing and so on.... It wasn't a HIGH being up there...
- BUT - OH MY GOD! Thank you EVERYBODY for the AMAZING comments and smiles after the class. I really want you to know that IT ALL MEANS A LOT TO ME! You boosted me! I am GREAT at working and then moving on, not resting in the delight after a big presentation or teaching BUT this time I actually did - I felt larger than life and I allowed myself to feel it, live it, enjoy it - all thanks to YOU!
- From balancing the body with yoga - Dave and I went to the bar, picked up a glass of champagne and went dancing (BODYJAM :) !!! That's the way ahaha I like it aha aha
- Then there was the AfterParty ----- To me the whole evening was a looong repetition of ELBOWS in my FACE !! Don't know what I am talking about? BUFFALO!!! Drinking with your right hand is NOT ALLOWED - The Result = An elbow to your face and finishing your drink within 20sec.... No exceptions!!!
- The sad thing is that the LEARNING CURVE with Alcohol is actually -VE, yeapph! So Miss Andersson bought drink after drink only to find herself drinking them faster than life ... around 5-8 of those yes bam thank you mam!!
- Alarm rang at 0655 am Sunday morning... of to THE ACADEMY CONVENTION....
- To be continued...
Two questions asked completely out of vanity:
1. Will one´s midriff EVER be the same??? (read: as it was before giving birth...)
2. WHEN will I be able to wear my old jeans again???
Please, you are welcome to share your own experiences in this matter, good or bad, happy or sad.... :)
...most of the time...but right now it feels kinda old and stiff...
Could it be:
- carrying a 6.5kg baby around most of the day?
- not being able to do half as much yoga as one would need?
- falling asleep in weird positions, exhausted from getting up in the middle of the night?
- working too much by the kitchen table-and not by the office desk-without taking any breaks (like tonight for example, 3h with my shoulders by my ears)?
I should know better, I know, I know, I know.
Enjoying the moment with a much happier Robin and finally I can say that I´m beginning to relax into my role as a mum. The first weeks are just about surviving. Learning new things every day and worrying about doing stuff wrong, too little, too much or not at all. How everyone who can produce kids is allowed to become a parent is a mystery to me. You don´t even need a "baby-license"! (Unless you want to adopt..then the interrogation never ends..)
One of the funniest things that seems to happen to me a couple of times a week, is when people bump in to me when I´m not with Robin, either at the gym or when I´m working. Looking around perplexed, out comes the question: "...but, where is he now???"
"...out for a drive"
"...doing the grocery shopping"
"....in a bar down the street having a beer"
What do people expect?
He is with his d.a.d.
I appreciate that we have come a long way in Sweden when it comes to equality, but sometimes we still have some way to go...
In a week Cirque De Solei will be standing here - But first ME :)
What a GREAT feeling - Having GLOBEN all to myself Whohoooo!!
Now - Just got the info from Dr Dave that he wants me to teach some other tracks than he first told me... oh well - Looking forward to it :)
And just decided that I'm gonna do RPM in the morning with Anna Key and Petter
Then Bodystep with Fredrik Sjöberg (no he's not teaching, he's just my step partner :)
and Then BODYPUMP STRONGEST COMPETITION - No I am NOT competing!
and Then - SHOW SURPRISE ;)
and Then BB - Generic Session with Dr Dave and Ragnihild
and Then BB CLASS with Dr Dave
and Then BJ with Bubbles ;)
and Then ..... ;)
Sometimes the best things in life are not free, but quite simple... We had a wonderful crayfish dinner tonight, and now I´m so full my belly threatens to explode...YUM!
I started the day on the mat and joined a lovely yoga session, before I headed off for two business meetings. Fridays are hectic since it´s my only "real" working day during the week (unless I count the working weekends) and there´s a lot of things I want/need done in that time.
The only dark cloud of the day: I received an invoice from my new accountant. I was surprised how expensive it was! When it comes to book keeping, I have to admit that I am USELESS. Really bloody foul, if you pardon my language...because I find it mind numbingly BORING.
I don´t think there is ANYTHING that could possibly persuade me to do my own books...you know how I tried to get into doing it myself at the beginning of the year? But noooooo, 8 weeks later I just had to admit it to myself: book keeping was definitely not being prioritized in my life and receipts, invoices and other paperwork were just piling up...I just have to bite the bullet and cash out, I guess. (It´s either that or have my company go bust because I forget to pay my VAT on time or something else exciting.)
Got a FULL ON Schedule ahead of me and I am looking forward to it:
- Early Morning train to Stockholm
- Perhaps some BIKRAM to warm up before I meet Dr Dave (BodyBalance Presenter from New Zeeland) and rehears our class
- BIG Preparation meeting before THE day at GLOBEN
- Meeting up with my roomy - My FAV ANNA KEY - to long time no seen!
- Saturday, or should I say SUPER SATURDAY this time at GLOBEN!!! A full day with LES MILLS latest releases and GREATEST trainers. I am teaching ONE BODYBALANCE class with Dr Dave - and I am so COOL about it. There will be around 1200 participants and all I feel is JOY and LOVE. BodyBalance feels so natural to me that I don't even get stressed over the fact that it is GLOBEN, 1200 peops and THE DrDave by my side - WICKED!!
- THE AfterParty - OMG!
- Sun: THE ACADEMY at Sportlife Östermalm teaching a CARAMELCORE class - taught it last weekend in Halmstad and it felt great - let's see what happens this time :)
- Back in GBG Sun evening - will I get a home cooked meal? Feels like I do deserve one.... :)
I have found the perfect partner for my kettlebell work: kettlebellcenter.com - distributor of the famous Dragon Door kettlebells.
The first instructor courses will start running in November & December 2009.
Haven´t tried KB-training yet? Come and join me this Sunday at Gymnasium, Sisjön 14.00 for an introduction session or book introduction classes to your center and we´ll come to you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You can now sign up for this YUMMEY weekend in October with ME and Katy Appleton! It's gonna be a GOODIE ;)
Call +4631-3484000 to sign up for it!!
Right now it is JUST what I'll need in October (I mean MO's tripp would be fab but I just don't hav the time to go away for a week right now!)
On Friday 18 September we are off to Mallorca!
Finally found a dream place, hidden in the mountains. A hotel come spa, come delicious restaurant in the foothills of the glorious Sierra de Tramuntana mountain range in an area of 556 acres surrounded by gentle hills, olive trees, almond, carob and fig trees.
Check out the Monnaber website here.
My little family and I will go for hikes, sunbathe, yoga, read, rest and hang out together, re-charging our batteries for the long autumn/winter to come.
Robin´s stomach has been well for 4 days now and he´s like a new baby. I am so grateful that the latest diet has worked and that he gets to be pain free almost for the first time in his life...
Same as MO - Back from 4 intense days in terms of working/socializing/travelling!
Really looking forward to this week - the second one in terms of ALL ON AGAIN :)
Classes - PT Sessions - Conventions - Educations!
This weekend Super Saturday is coming up and The Academy in Stockholm!!
September is the month and I admit that I LOVE IT - Bring on the knitted neck-warmers and the leather jackets - mmmm!
If you want SEPTEMBER GLOW I just posted play-lists, inspiration and exercises on www.jira.se under INSPIRATION!
Enjoy for now
Will get back to you tonight and share the Fun and Fury of the past 4 days!
What a great working weekend!
Time flew and both Magnus & Linda did a wonderful job, assisting in their first Teacher Training. I am very happy to have brought them onboard.
Wow, it´s nice to be back on track and it´s lovely to come home to the little family afterwards.
Now, I´m knackered. I´ll get back to you wonderful people tomorrow. New week, fresh start and more exciting stuff to be experienced! :)
I´m back in the gym, on the bike, out running and throwing the kettlebell around. I feel quite good and not at all like I just had a baby. Until this morning.
I joined S & M (oh, that was a fun abbreviation!) in their acro-yoga session this morning, where we spent almost an hour doing inversions (meaning being upside down in yogi-talk).
Mein Gott. Suddenly it was more than obvious that Robin was born 2 months ago. I had NO contact almost whatsoever with my midriff...it was like, hello?, space calling CORE?! WAKE UP! Also, my arms were weak and my shoulders & hamstrings were incredibly stiff.
The girls were wonderful and supportive (we had so much fun!), reminding me to be patient and that the baby thing will affect you for quite a while, but I have to admit: I was a bit upset I had lost THAT much strength, contact and power! (yes, yes, I know it´s ridiculous, but it will also be the fact that pushes me to become better)...
Tomorrow & Sunday I do my first "real" work, teaching a Cycling Basic Training course here in Gothenburg. It will be hectic but fun. I´m looking forward to having my new team members Magnus & Linda there, getting ready and prepared to start teaching courses on their own for InCycle later this autumn.
Time for bed now,
Maybe it´s too early to say...but Robin is so much better since yesterday!
His diet now consists of gruel made from sweetcorn, plum purée, different vegetable- and fruit juices + breast milk and he has had 2 pain free days!
And...thank God for BabyBjörn! Since something "went wrong" and I didn´t get a "Latte-baby" (Robin hates being still for too long and is very easily bored), the BabyBjörn is a gift from higher powers! Also, I love the fact that Robin Björn gets carried around in a pouch with his name on it! :)
My MISSION is to try to keep calm and then tonight I can reassess what I could have done differently NOT to end up in anther race like today's...
Now lets rock the boat