2009/12/08

Get off your LAZY, butt ugly ass!

MO:

Sweden is amazing. Sweden is fantastic.
There are a few things that Sweden lack though...

1. Sun all year around.
2. Snow in the south during the winter months.
AND
3. Service.

Finishing a mediocre lunch (the food-not the company, which was excellent) at Mediterranean in Vallgatan, we stand up to pay. (Already here an international reader probably reacts "What? The CUSTOMER has to GO somewhere to pay?")
The restaurant has a square bar in the middle of it. We go to the side closest to us, where a cash machine is clearly visible behind the desk. Us: "Could we pay, please"
Young girl behind the bar, sporting a very sour, unpleasant look on her face: "No." Long Pause. "Go around to the other side". The passage is too narrow to be able to pass with a pram. I open my mouth to protest, when my lunch company says: "It´s ok, I´ll go". I SO wanted to say something to the lazy, little pierced creature behind the bar, but bit my tongue.

15min later I´m at Hemköp in Linnégatan. I HATE Hemköp. Bad products, ugly displays, over-priced AND terrible service, but in my hood Hemköp has true monopoly (and I´m not talking about the boardgame here...). The queue is ginormous. Robin is hot, tired, fed up and starts crying. Loudly.

A second till finally opens. I manage to make my way over, through the narrow lanes (my pram just about fits). Now there are 2 long queues.
It´s my turn. "I´d like some razors as well, please" The girl at the check out stares blankly at me. "They´re at the other till" I wait. By now, Robin is screaming at the top of his voice. Ms. Braindead behind at the cashier doesn´t move or say anything. I try: "Soooo...?" "So, you walk over there and get them" she finally says.
Which means I have to make my way in the opposite direction of the people flow with a pram, a screaming baby and make my excuses as I try to not bump into people, jump the second queue wait for zombie no 2 in the first till to look my way and ask for a packet of razors, squeeze past a group of teenage girls who think that my pram has the magical powers to walk straight through people and things, push my way back to my checkout, where a bunch of people are staring at me angrily, wondering why the woman with the screaming baby is holding up the queue....

I throw the razors and my money at the MORON cashier woman. Let´s just say I didn´t say thank you. A thank you should be deserved. I thought about causing a scene, but with Robin boiling hot and red in the face by now, I just wanted to get out the door. I will use my consumer power instead and boycott Hemköp + lousy restaurants with bad service whenever I have a fighting chance to do so.


.

1 comment:

carina said...

När människor beter sig surt är det oftast personliga saker som ligger bakom beteendet. Och eftersom du vägrar att dras med i deras ilska är förslaget.Dont`worry be happy!
Sidtips
http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Abracadabra-I-create-what-I-speak/100946178705?ref=mf