2009/01/14

Diving down and picking up the diamond!

I am on my way to my 3rd VIPASSANA! Perhaps that's why+how I've been able to teach 7 classes today :) I found Vipassana in India about a year ago and it's the BEST thing I've ever done.
So now I am off again into silence (you can read more about vipassana in my previous blogs!)

No talking
No eye contact
No ipod, phone, books, food after 1 pm
Just sitting, not expecting (that's thE hard one!)


The way to maintain a meditation practice is by not having an image of how it's supposed to be. If the image is to sit still for 20 minutes twice a day, you may be setting yourself up for failure. But if you can hold space for a meditation to sit on the cushion for five minutes once a week, and see where it takes you, to keep a mind open enough to see if those five minutes naturally, without effort, grow into 10 minutes, you may be drawn to sitting twice a week. It's less about creating a rigid practice and more about deeply listening inside to what emerges naturally from your own heart. If you are even interested in taking a workshop or a class, you are somehow drawn to meditation, you have a desire and it is that aspiration that keeps us returning to the cushion, to the mat.


I'll be back again on Monday with who know what ...

If you feel like trying, join me Tuesday at 730 am @ Hagabadet!

BE HAPPY
BE HAPPY
U ARE BOUND TO BE SUCCESSFUL
BOUND TO BE SUCCESSFUL

SADUH SADUH SADUH

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precis det kan nog vara sant, just do it alltså, sms på måndag.
Lycka till

Anonymous said...

Exakt!
Man kunde nästan tro att du oxå var med i världens bästa team ;)

Ses tisdag!!

Jo

Anonymous said...

Var tvungen att testa igen haha, men nu kom inte rysningen där jag förväntande mig, den kom senare när det gick över till vita landskapet fan va sjukt, men självklart kanske.

mojo said...

Låter som att du börjar bli din egen Guru;)

Jag är impad och samtidigt inte... :)