2008/06/10

GORGEOUS, intelligent, successful people for sale


Mo:

I have so many GORGEOUS single friends. I really do. The thing is, they´re not just gorgeous, but also funny, sweet, intelligent, kind, generous, sociable and nice. Some of them are happy being single, but many of them would really like to meet someone special. So, that begs the question: How do you meet that "someone special"???

Well, technology moves forward and according to stats everywhere, thousands of single people now use internet dating as a way of meeting new prospects. I´m not too sure that internet dating would suit the majority of my single friends, though... Me personally, rightly or wrongly, still have heaps of prejudice towards meeting your partner through the internet. I think: "These are socially active, successful, beautiful men and women who meet lots of interesting, equally beautiful and successful people through their work and travel. There must be a higher likelihood that they will meet someone at work, or on a train or a plane, then on a dating website (where most people tend to lie about their looks or personalities anyway)?"

Is the mating question a question of "seek and you will find" or more "relax, forget about it and when you least expect it....BAM!"?

Actually, there are so many couples out there who live in a half-happy-half-desperate-to-be-lonely-relationship, that I wish single people could be more happy in their singledom, whilst deciding what they really want from their next relationship and what they want to do in that relation to make it the best relationship ever. If you don´t know what you are looking for, how will you know that you have found it?
If you do the same thing, looking for the same kind of person - how and why do you expect it to work the second, or third, or fourth time around?

Are we meant to live with the same person for the rest of our lives? I used to not be so sure about the answer to that question. Now, that´s what I´m planning to do and it makes me unbelievably happy.

Well, if nothing else works for my friends, I´m considering starting a match-making thread every month, where I auction the latest gorgeous, single friend here on MOJO! :) I´m thinking: "Anyone who likes MOJO and the subjects posted here, will adore my single friends!"

Keep posted!




No comments: