2008/06/11

Love me Love me Do (or - I want EVERYTHING)



Mo:


Choices.

Yes or No or Maybe? Is Maybe an answer?

Do I really have to choose?

Can I do everything, please? Can I have everything?

Probably not. Why not?

Would it be easier if I was happy with being a check out girl? Or a shop assistant? Or a librarian?
Would it really? (What a different person I would be!)
Interestingly, I have found that in some environments and in some groups of people, I tone down...and quite a few shades...because I don´t want people to feel uncomfortable. Or intimidated.
So, I loose some of the colour and some of the sparkle - the loud laughter and the wild body language.
As I was talking to one of my best friends today about being different, she told me about an incident at the weekend where she met one of her boyfriend´s relatives for the first time. She said: "....I suddenly felt the... 2.4 children, with the dog, the house and the husband...and I so didn´t fit into that picture... Not with my work, my looks or my interests. I wanted to SCREAM! It just wasn´t me" (Please, let me just point out one thing here, there´s absolutely nothing wrong with the "2.4 children, the dog, the house and the husband", as long as you keep the core of your true essence intact...)

Yes, I know, we are all different - celebrate!, we are all special - wonderful!, we are all....etc, etc, etc, etc, blablablablabla, but is that really true? (Yeah, right.)
If that is the case, I should never tone down, or (when I cannot be bothered), intimidate people because I´m not apologizing for knowing what I want, what I like, what I need, where I want to be in 5 or 10yrs time, or the fact that I know that you cannot be loved by everybody. It´s impossible. It´s not even COVETABLE. Stop trying - Today. Just be yourself, because you will have to live with yourself for the rest of your life. You might as well get along.



No comments: