2009/07/27

I carried a water melon...


Story of my life :)


Well, not all the time (but still there are moments and they always occur around the same person :)

BUT this MOVIE has had a deep impact on my life! I remember the first time watching it - Me, mom and dad were in the store, I wanted to rent a movie and locked at the usual "kid/youth" movies, I guess I was around 9-10 years old. Then mom showed me Dirty Dancing. I looked at it and thought - Uh an OLD MOVIE, how fun can that be...?!

3 hours later I WAS in LOVE with Patrick Swayze!!!
And 1 month later I knew al the lines, songs and moves :)

This weekend I saw the Musical in London - and yes I CRIED. Don't know if it's the memories from growing up, the music or the story itself but it is rooted deep deep in my heart!!! And the little girl inside of me wants the fairy tale...

These are my favourites:


  • Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours, you don't go into mine. - Oh la la ... I could join let's dance if I had a partner who said that ;)
  • I carried a water melon - Yep, you know the feeling! Do we ever stop with this nonsens and tell the truth i.e what we're actually feeling? Or is that to intimidating?
  • Nobady puts baby in a corner - Love being an indipendatn woman but it is also nice to have someone who stands up for you!
  • And most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you. - Love is a scary thing!
  • Baby: So I did it for nothing. I hurt my family, you lost your job anyway, I did it for *nothing*!
  • Johnny: No, no, not for nothin', Baby! Nobody has ever done anything like that for me before.
  • Baby: You were right, Johnny. You can't win no matter what you do!
  • Johnny: You listen to me. I don't wanna hear that from you. *You* can!
  • Baby: [pause] I used to think so. - I used to think so to !!
And THE song is MY FAV :)

Sweet Hollywood Dreams ;)

Jo




No comments: