2009/07/05

Lost in the bubble of the baby

MO:

Yes. I admit it. I´m lost in the baby bubble...

BUT, we did manage to get out to the countryside yesterday to see mum and dad, and we went for our first family walk today, buggy and all, meeting up with darling JO, (or as of now: "Plast-moster").
Robin is 4 days old today and he´s getting cuter by the minute. Sleeping is not on the menu, but hey, who cares? I used to do 9h per night for years, so I guess it´s payback time.

A few questions and thoughts raised by a new mum:

1) Breastfeeding. Could someone have told me it feels like cutting off your nipples with a very dull knife for the first 15-20 suctions each time you breastfeed, (at least for the first days)???

2) I expected my glands in the breasts to get swollen. Hence, to my surprise, when I wake up yesterday morning with an extra breast in my ARMPIT! Charming. Yes, it was a swollen gland. And yes, it HURT. And no, it unfortunately did not have the function of a 3rd breast. Luckily, P could treat this condition (yes, he is like Jesus), so it was better already this morning.

3) I had no idea what my stomach would look like straight after giving birth, but I think I expected it to be wrinkly and saggy. Obviously this trick is saved for later. Right after giving birth (24h), I just still looked pregnant, but 6months or so. 48h later I was down to the 4months pregnant look and today, 4 days later, I have something that resembles a (big) loaf at the front of my belly...

I learn new things every day. Can´t wait to see what tomorrow will bring! :)

.

3 comments:

Helena said...

Så glad för er skull, skönt att höra att det går framåt! :)
Ta hand om er så hoppas jag att vi får chans att ses en snabbis när U2 besöker stan...
Kramar!

susanita said...

Stanna i er babybubbla o njut!
Får erkänna att jag allt är lite avis på din kära P´s färdigheter.
Jag får väl be min Kärlek att ta mig till en kall isrink o kyla ned mig eller ngt (bandyspelare som han är så har han förkärlek till is). För just nu är jag mest varm och varm och har slut på tålamod.

O Robin, sova kan din mamma göra sen, ha,ha,ha.
Stor kram till finaste familjen!
--sus

mojo said...

Helena,
vi ses definitivt i slutet av juli!

Sus,
Jag tänker på dig varje dag!
Förstår PRECIS hur trött du är på att vara gravid nu och hur du LÄÄNGTAR efter Pyret!
Jag är säker på att din bandyspelare kommer att hålla huvudet kallt när det gäller...
Ser fram emot att välkomna Pyret till världen!

Massa kramar
Mo