2009/11/22

Berlin is my Bitch




Wow! What a city!
You know how when you are new to a city, you kind of have no clue, no feeling for the place. You might have a map and a guide book if your lucky, but if you're anything like me you might have read the guide book over and over but still noting sticks with oyu, you constantly have to pick up the book and read the same pages over and over again...

This is me!!!

It is my 3rd day in Berlin - And until 1300 today ALL that I've seen was ROSENTAZALER Strasse or whatever it is called! It is a TRULY great street! BUT - I had no concept or feeling for where other parts of BERLIN where, who to get there (was it far, taxi? Tram? Sub? Could I walk?)

So after the 3 SWEATY hours of yoga this morning I had a bagel at my fav place (yeup got one already) and then I decided to start walking...

To my surprise I found UNTER DEN LINDEN after just 5min - and then it al keept coming...

BRANDENBURGER TOUR
POSTDAMER PLATZ
THE PERGAMON MUSEUM
PIECES OF THE BERLIN WALL
CHECKPONT CHARLIE
FREDRICHIS STRASSE (have no idea how you spell it but it is a MASSIVE posh shopping steet)
THE BIG DOME

and on and on...

I was FILLED with a feeling of awe, inspiration, aliveness, gratitude and respect!

But most of all I was actually amazed by MYSELF :)

Here is why:

I am PROUD of myself for:
1. I travel the world and I choose to see and experience places
2. I try to speak GERMAN even though I can't
3. I constantly continue to educate and evolve myself - which is often challenging, time consuming and expensive
4. One day I stay at a 5-Star hotel the other night I stay in a Hostel with 5 other strangers - And I think that BOTH are fun and exciting
5. I LOVE travelling ALONE - I meet people when I want to and I leave when I want to
(this means that I sometimes walk around talking and laughing at my own inside jokes.. which might look a bit weird...)

Another funny thing about this city is that I want to be a bit naughty...
Strangely - I am here on a hard core YOGA immersion but every time I step out on the street I order a glass of red wine in on of the chill and arty bars :)
Today I even felt like smoking..... WHAT !!! I know, I don't even smoke but there is something in the air here that makes you want to be a rebel, create, have deep discussions filled with passionate arguments until the sun comes up and then you have an espresso and start all over again!!!

This is not a city where one saves it for a rainy day - Each moment, each meeting, even if it's just a second in someone's eyes counts, and is a source for CREATION!

GO CREATE YOUR WORLD OR SOMEONE ELSE WILL
LOVE Jo

2 comments:

mary said...

Skrattar högt åt dina bloggar och retar min familj som undrar vad som får mig att flabba högt o intensivt.
Berlin är en syndig stad.....antagligen därför ja hållt mig ifrån den. Älskar din passion för plötsligt rökbehov......you go girl!!!!! Drick ett glas för mig med.
Blir det för tråkigt här kommer jag kanske ner med min nya fina vita mac o tar ett glas eller sju.
PoK mary

mojo said...

Hahah DU ÄR UNDERBAR Snygging!

Nästa gång ska DU med till Berlin o det lär inte dröja länge så be prepared!

Hoppas få se dig snart (o din nya kärlek ;)

LOVE Jo