2008/04/01

Light and fast or heavy and strong?

Mo: Taught a class this morning at 11am and decided I would do some training for myself in the afternoon. Went out for a run in Änggårdsbergen and took the long run (9-10k) for a change.

God, felt so heavy and slow!

I´m in that space now, where I have to decide if I´m going to loose some muscle, get lighter and run faster - or put on a kg or two to lift heavier weights and progress with the kettlebell training. Yet, at the same time I need to keep my suppleness and mobility for the yoga.

This is the curse and effect that comes with serious cross-training - you end up being good at many things, but never great at one thing. Luckily for me, in my line of work, as long as I´m very bloody good, the rest is down to teaching skills in the end.

Did some stretching afterwards and home work with the tennis ball (which includes lying on the ball in several yucky positions that hurt so much you want to break down and cry like a baby...). P will (should) be proud. I´m actually taking a treatment on Thursday so I guess this is my way of trying to minimizing the pain I know I will feel then...

Biked off to Ekostore,

bought some fresh vegetables and fruits, came back home and made a smoothie:

1 1/2 dl natural yogurt (full fat-never "light"products, please)
2 apples

1 banana

1 handful of frozen strawberries

1 table spoon peanut butter (yummie yummie!)

1 handful of hazel nuts + almonds

1 table spoon of buckwheat


One of life´s little pleasures...



No comments: