2008/02/21

Does True Love Exist?

I got e-mail from a beautiful friend in New York yesterday and I almost fell of my chair by the beauty and honesty in her words. It would be a crime not to share it with you!



"One of the biggest challenges in my life was to dismantle my belief that true love was not possible. That being in love was a sign of weakness and that the reason I was not in a committed relationship was because there was no one out there that I could find who I could see myself living my life with. These were really my beliefs and they were very difficult to dismantle. The past 4 years most of my personal journey and work in life coaching was to keep looking at the fear I had about being in love and re designing my vision of love and relationships. Probably one of the biggest things I have come to realize is that if I want a relationship that is deep, loving, honest and spiritual I need to be that myself and that I am 100% responsible for anything that is missing. If I want a trustworthy partner I have to be trustworthy. If I want an open and communicative partner I must be that myself. I realized it is a choice to see the one I am with as "the one" and the amount of love I experience is dependent on the amount of love I am giving."


I have thought a lot about this myself having been in four long relationships with amazing partners. Still none of them lasted, why?

During my three months of traveling in India I did a 10-day Vipassana retreat in the Himalayas and that’s when it hit me...I felt UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. I felt it for the first time. Sure I had been talking about it before (especially in my own yoga classes) but I had never felt it. It dropped from my brain down into my heart.





Now I'm letting it marinate there!

No comments: